Friday, May 20, 2016

WE'RE ON TV!




My oldest son, Robbie, and I were recently interviewed by the local NBC TV affiliate to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the University of Tennessee ROTC program.

I graduated from UT ROTC in the 90s and Robbie just finished his freshman year in the same program. It was an honor for us to be asked to speak for this outstanding program and to be a part of its rich history.

This was a great experience for us and we are very thankful for the opportunity to do this as father and son.

Special thanks go out from us to John Becker of WBIR and Lee Dalton of University of Tennessee ROTC.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty cool...and your grandfather served in WWII. What unit, BTW?

    The narrator said you were NG, but didn't I see you with a Big Red One combat patch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My grandfather on my dad's side was an artillery sergeant in the 8th Infantry Division in Europe. My mom's dad was a sailor on a mine sweeper in the Pacific.

      I originally served several years on active duty as an armored cav officer in the 4th Infantry Division. I then went to the Guard and our unit was attached to the 1st ID in Iraq. We were also attached to the 42nd ID toward the end, but I prefer the Big Red one to the rainbow as a combat patch.

      Delete